Love YOUR Season!
Happy Single Awareness Day! Doesn’t it feel like Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” song is everywhere today? I want to start off by reminding you: you are STUNNING, you are FABULOUS, and just because you are not married does NOT mean there is something wrong with you. It means that God’s timing is perfect….
A few months ago, I visited another church for a special service. During worship, I realized that I was looking at everyone’s left hand, thinking “he is married, he is not married (hmmm he’s cute), he’s not married either (ohh he is cute too)”. And then,before I knew it, I had missed most of worship. Dang it! I know I’m not the only one who checks out the hand of someone we think is cute. Or who sees an adorable couple and wonders, “when is it going to be my time?” That usually happens to me about once a month (know what I mean?).
All joking aside, in those moments I have a choice. I choose how I am going to view my present situation. Now I’m not saying it’s wrong to desire to be in a relationship – but it’s good to think about what we should do in the meantime while God is at work.
It is often easy to believe that the grass is greener on the other side…but the grass is actually greener when you water it. I don’t know God’s timing for you or for me. And sometimes I really wish He’d hurry up! In those times, I ask myself a few questions:
- What does God have for me in this season that I haven’t experienced yet?
- Who does He want me to reach out to or be the love to?
- What I am doing for personal development to be the best me (the best wife to my future husband / the best friend to those around me / the best co-worker)?
- What treasures or opportunities would I miss in this season if I moved on too quickly?
- Have I invited God into the equation? This adds a whole new incredible dimension. Isaiah 40:31 says “Those who wait on the Lord will gain new strength…” (wait: eagerly look for [the Lord], expect, hope for – it’s an active word).
Beautiful, make a decision to determine to live out this present season by actively waiting on God’s best.
What are some things we single ladies can do while we are in this season? Are you aware of what you do have, or constantly focusing on what you don’t have?